Ludwig studentships are 4 years and provide an annual tax-free stipend of £20,000 and fees at the home/ROI rate only*. International students with funding from an external body will be considered but not self-funded students. Further guidance on fees can be found on the University of Oxford Graduate Admissions website.
DPhil in Clinical Medicine
The following DPhil in Clinical Medicine projects to commence in October 2022 are currently available for applications:
- Molecular mechanisms of action and basis of resistance to hypomethylating agents in cancer - Stefan Constantinescu and Skirmantas Kriaucionis *this project is available with fees at the international rate.
- Single Molecule-based Detection of Mutations in Non-clonal cells - Benjamin Schuster-Boeckler and Skirmantas Kriaucionis
- Why cell position matters in cancer: role of epigenetic factors - Richard White and Yang Shi
- Determining tumour state using DNA methylation - Skirmantas Kriaucionis, Chunxiao Song and Xin Lu
- Hypoxia signaling pathways and the developmental basis of tumours of the sympatho-adrenal system - Peter Ratcliffe, Tammie Bishop and Tom Keeley (application deadline 27th June 2022)
For information on entry requirements and how to apply for these projects please see the University of Oxford DPhil in Clinical Medicine website. In the section of the application form “Departmental Studentship Applications”, applicants will be asked whether they are applying for an advertised studentship. In this section please state “Yes” followed by “Ludwig”
Application deadline: 14 July 2022 (except where indicated).
DPhil in Mathematics
The following DPhil in Mathematics project to commence in October 2022 is currently available for applications:
- Mathematical analysis and data integration for clinical trials - Heather Harrington, Helen Byrne and Xin Lu.
For information on entry requirements and how to apply for this project please see the University of Oxford DPhil in Mathematics website. Applications should be made online to the Mathematical Institute and should include a CV, cover letter (1 page), 2-3 reference letters, and transcript(s) of all previous degrees. In the section of the application form “Departmental Studentship Applications” applicants will be asked whether they are applying for an advertised studentship. In this section please state “Yes” followed by “22MATH02WEB”.
Application deadline: 4 July 2022.