Barnes group | Applied immunology and liver disease
ProfEssor ellie (Eleanor) Barnes
Research in the Barnes group focuses on applied immunology relevant to liver disease, including cancer. We aim to translate our laboratory and clinical findings through to human experimental medicine studies.
Current projects in the laboratory include:
- Programmes for the earlier detection of hepatocellular carcinoma
- HCV viral sequencing relevant to treatment failure and the development of HCC.
- Developing vaccines for hepatitis C prevention and hepatitis B cure
- Defining the pathogenesis of IgG4-related disease
- Assessing COVID vaccine in disease cohorts